Chicken with confit lemon
Tender and juicy sweet lemon chicken
2 chicken thigh
½ lemon confit (to be prepared in advance)
½ coffee spoon of cumin seeds
1 pinch of safran
1 clove of garlic
1 bunch of coriander
- Lemon confit preparation :
- 1. Prepare a clean jar
- 2. Clean organic lemon and cut them in 4 length wise
- 3. Add 2 tea spoons of coarse salt and one Bay leaf for each lemon.
- 4. Close the jar and let it confit (preserve) for 2 weeks. Mix once in a while by shaking the jar.
- Once it is confit, lemons can be preserved for many months (store in a cool and dry place).
Cutting up the ingredients: cutting the onion and turnip into quarters and the garlic in half.
Cut the chicken into big pieces and sear the chicken with some olive oil in a casserole dish
Once the chicken is nicely seared, reserve. In the same casserole cook the onion and the garlic.
Once the onion is getting transparent, add the chopped up lemon comfit, the cumin and the safran. Add water just enough to cover the ingredients in your casserole, cover and let it simmer for 15min at medium heat.
After 15min remove the lid and add the turnips. Let it cook for another 15min at medium heat. Wait till the water reduces by half.
Add salt if needed and add coriander.