Roasted Vegetables With Yummy Dressing
A vegetarian dish full of flavor and vitamins!
Eggplant quartered and sliced into ½-inch pieces
1 large carrot sliced into ½-inch pieces on the diagonal
Red onion cut into ½-inch strips
Red bell pepper cut into ½-inch strips
Yellow bell pepper cut into ½-inch strips
Black bell pepper cut into ½-inch strips
Beet root peeled, quartered and sliced into ½-inch pieces
Zucchini sliced into ½-inch rounds
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar not overly sweet; dark balsamic vinegar will work as well
2 tbsp red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard whole grain or regular
2 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh Italian basil or parsley, cilantro
5 garlic cloves pressed
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Line a large, 15x21-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If you are using smaller baking sheets you will need to roast the vegetables in two batches or on two baking sheets.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, basil, thyme, garlic, pepper and salt in a small bowl, until well combined.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl, big enough to accommodate all the veggies and still having some head space left to allow tossing. Pour the dressing all over the vegetables and toss well to coat the veggies with an even layer of the dressing.
- Transfer the vegetables onto the baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle additional salt and pepper on top.
- Bake on the second rack from the top for about 35 minutes (slightly firmer) to 45 minutes (slightly softer and creamer, as shown on pictures in the post). Start checking at 30 minutes as different ovens bake differently. Serve the roasted vegetables immediately.
- To sprinkle on top:
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- More chopped herbs to taste