Vegetable Coconut Milk Delight
Taste this earthy and exotic delicious recipe.
140 gr rice 1 small butternut squash
200 gr of potato
½ yellow onion
1 spoon coconut oil
100 gr small piece of fresh ginger
200 ml coconut milk
100 ml water
1 coffee spoon of soy sauce
1 coffee spoon of brown or white sugar
- Start by cutting the butternut squash into small cubes. Don't forget to peel.
- In a frying pan, put 400g of butternut cubes, the potatoes and 100ml of water. Leave to cook until the water has evaporated.
- When the water in the pan has evaporated, add the chopped onion and the spoon of coconut oil to cook and lightly toast. Stir occasionally, until the squash is tender (about 8min).
- Add the curry powder, the sugar then the coconut milk, the freshly grated ginger and the sudachi juice (I use a zester to grate the ginger)
- Simmer over low heat 3-4 minutes while stirring.
- Serve with the rice in deep plates, do not hesitate to add a few peanuts or almonds to add a little crunch!
- If you want to add the peanuts, you must first peel them and sauté them gently in a pan. Then crush them with a knife and add them to the curry.
- For this recipe I only use 400g of butternut squash flesh because the squash often come in very different sizes. I save the rest to make a soup with other vegetables.